Mrs. Bouza Kaufman, M.S., Ed.S.
2021-2022 Testing Requirement
- Pass Algebra 1 EOC or concordant.
- Participate in Geometry EOC, Biology EOC, US History EOC
- Counts for 30% of grade
- Students who were enrolled in Geometry, Biology, and/or US History during the 2020-2021 school year but did not participate in the EOCs in Spring 2021 do NOT need to participate due to FLDOE Emergency Order 2021-EO-02.
- Students currently taking Geometry, Biology, and/or US History will take the respective EOC in Spring 2022.
- 9th grade students will participate in 9th grade FSA ELA exam in Spring 2022.
- 10th grade students will participate in and pass 10th grade FSA ELA exam in Spring 2022 (or achieve a concordant score).
- 12th grade students will participate in the Florida Civic Literacy Test.
- Students earning a passing score on the assessment are exempt from the postsecondary civic literacy assessment.
- At CIE, participation in the Cambridge exams is mandatory. Any student that fails to attend an exam will be responsible for the exam fee of $104.82 for AS level and $169.54 for A level.
State Testing Requirements for Graduation
- Pass Algebra 1 End of Course Exam or earn concordant
- Pass 10th grade FSA ELA exam or earn concordant
- Participate in an SAT and/or ACT
Earning the AICE Diploma
Learners must achieve at least one credit (pass the exam) from each of Groups 1, 2, and 3. A maximum of two credits can count from Group 4, which is optional.
AS = 1 credit
A – 2 credits if taken as a stand-alone class. 1 credit if taken as the second course in the group.
Current 2021-2022 Offerings
|Core Group 0||Cambridge Global Perspectives||Cambridge Global Perspectives AS (Mandatory)|
|Group 1||Mathematics and Sciences||Biology 1 AS|
Biology 2 A
Chemistry 1 AS
Chemistry 2 A
Environmental Management AS
Marine Science 2 A
Mathematics & Mechanics AS
Mathematics & Probability & Statistics AS
Mathematics & Mechanics & Probability & Statistics AS
|Group 2||Languages||English Language 1 A|
English Language AS
English Language 2 A
Spanish Language AS
|Group 3||Arts and Humanities||Psychology AS|
European History AS
US History AS
English Literature AS
Spanish Literature AS
Travel & Tourism AS
|Group 4 (optional)||Interdisciplinary Subjects||English General Paper AS|
Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program
- The Florida Department of Education recognizes the Cambridge program as an official acceleration mechanism and is included in the Bright Futures Scholarship Program as an additional means to earn scholarship monies.
- Students who earn the AICE Diploma, and have 100 community service hours, automatically receive the Academic Scholars Award.
Students who complete the Cambridge program’s curriculum, but do not earn the AICE diploma can still earn the Academic Scholars Award with appropriate SAT and ACT test scores.
- The Medallion Scholars Award is available to Cambridge Program completers as well for students who do not meet the high-level SAT and ACT score requirements. Please visit www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/SSFAD/home/uamain.htm for more information on the Bright Futures Scholarship Program.