Our Mental Health Coordinator is: Ms. Marin
- The Department of Mental Health Services has formulated a plan to ensure the continuity of mental health services, supports and resources for students and families throughout the summer.
- The Parent Assistance Line (305) 995-7100 will remain active to ensure needed support is immediately provided to students and families.
- Mental Health Coordinators will continue to provide support to their regularly scheduled schools by collaborating with school administrators, support staff and Threat Assessment Teams via phone, email and virtual platforms to assist in supporting the emotional well-being of students.
- Mental Health Coordinators will continue to provide support services via phone and virtual platforms to students they have been servicing prior to summer as well as provide services to newly referred students.
- Department staff will continue to coordinate referrals to contracted agencies in which services will be conducted via phone and telehealth counseling.
- Department staff will provide continued professional development opportunities for school site staff on mental health awareness, trauma-informed practices and emotional wellness initiatives throughout the summer.
- Visit the department’s website at: http://mentalhealthservices.dadeschools.net/ to obtain additional student, parent and staff resources.