- Center for International Education: A Cambridge Associate School is a magnet school and part of Miami-Dade County Public Schools. Magnet schools in M-DCPS are governed by regulations set forth by the School Board of Miami-Dade County. Therefore, students may only apply during the open application process.
- CIE accepts applications for students entering 9th -11th Qualified 10th & 11th grade students will be offered admission on a space available basis.
- The Magnet Application becomes available on October 1st of every year. Please click on the Magnet School button to submit an application for our magnet program. Please be sure to submit all required documents prior to January 15, 2022.
Complete a School of Choice Magnet application that may be obtained at http://yourchoicemiami.org before the deadline of January 15th, 2021.
- The results of the random selection process will be emailed in March. The waiting list will remain current throughout the school year. Failure to respond to an offer of acceptance by the specified timeframe voids the applicant’s acceptance.
- CIE will screen all applications. Be sure to review eligibility criteria carefully.
- If student is currently enrolled in any Virtual School course, they must submit a copy of the "Student Cumulative Academic Report" via the application portal by the deadline.
STEP 2A – IF ACCEPTED
- Log back into Magnet application and ACCEPT your spot.
- Contact the school directly for registration/enrollment deadlines and individual school forms and/or information.
- Print and sign the Declaration of Acceptance (DOA) and any other forms required.
- Acceptance is provisional and contingent on meeting and maintaining entrance eligibility requirements for the remainder of the current school year. Parents must accept by the deadline date or the seat will be forfeited and go to the next student on the waiting list. Accepted students must be enrolled as full-time students in the accepted Magnet school/program.
STEP 2B – IF WAIT-LISTED
- Contact the school directly and inquire for any empty spots.